Sunday, March 31, 2013

REVIEW: Flight by J.A. Huss

Flight by J.A. Huss

Plot:

   You don't want to owe that Luck bastard anything. It always asks for something in return.
   There's a new twist on an old prophecy and this one brings the End of Days. Junco must make a choice -- human or avian? Only one race will survive.
   Lucan has secrets and the lies are flowing like a mountain river during spring thaw. But he needs Junco to cooperate just a little bit longer or it will all fall apart.
   The Siblings on Earth are waiting for the Seventh to return and pull their clutch together. But Earth has secrets too -- secrets that change everything.
   Junco has survived against impossible odds, but the cost of survival is higher than she ever imagined. Luck is about to catch up with Junco Coot and her debt must be paid.
   
   CONTENT WARNING -- You know the drill ... this is Junco we're talking about right? Bad language, no qualms about killing.

My review:

   AGAIN? REALLY J. ANNE?

J.A. Huss surprised me AGAIN after Fledge (the second book of the I Am Just Junco series). And by surprise, I don't mean good, or bad. Neither. I mean, ass-whipping, bad-ass, killing, bloody and running-out-of-words surprise.
  
In the third instalment of the I Am Just Junco series, we're introduced into a deeper depth that goes through the core of the avian race. As you know about the prophecy, now Junco has to make the choice -- human or avian. 

For me, I just want her to stand straight up and scream "avian". But I know it's not possible, especially since it's Junco and she never follows the rules. So she, again, leads us into another battle. This time, to save all of her brothers and sisters who'd been captured. 

The only tiny problem I had about this instalment was: WTH is this? A love-PENTAGON?! (I will not reveal anything) I'm not a big fan of love-triangles or squares in the first place, so sometime in this book, I was like: "URGH!! What is wrong with this girl?" But then again, it's Junco, and there's always something wrong with her or else I wouldn't even love her.

The action in here was extreme bloody, and bloody hell, sometimes even scary that I jumped out of my own skin. I wish I could swear, but that's not going to make a good impression, so no. BUT I BLOODY LOVE THIS BOOK, THIS WHOLE SERIES!!

This has not only sci-fi, but it has a mixture of action, adventure, kinda-paranormal, aliens/angels, romance, blood & gore (which everybody should know that I love. It wasn't that gory but it was very realistic). 

Again, the emotions and feelings created in here was deep enough to make me fall through it. I could feel the anger, vividness, annoyance and sadness that goes on throughout the whole story. (SPOILER) I nearly even cried when Isten died. I was THAT close to crying but couldn't because my step-dad was right next to me. It was so emotional. 

I wish someone would make a movie out of this whole series or something. Hell, I'll pay £1000/$1519.10 to go and see this on the big screen (joke). You have no idea how AMAZING this series is. I cannot describe how amazing J.A. Huss is. She is an amazing author. And before I forget, THANK YOU for the millionth time to Alexia Purdy (she's an absolute AMAZING author) for gifting me with book 2 & 3. 

I NEED THE FOURTH BOOK NOW!!! OR I'LL DIE RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW!! I wish I could, I don't know, win it as a signed ARC or something. I would kill to have something signed by J.A. Huss. I'M TELLING YOU, SHE IS AN AMAZING AUTHOR!!! She is one of the top authors I've ever read.

Love her so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SPILL IT !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...