Tuesday, March 12, 2013

REVIEW: Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

Plot:
R is a zombie. He has no name, no memories and no pulse, but he has dreams. He is different than his fellow Dead. In the abandoned ruins of the city, R meets a girl. Her name is Julie, and she is the opposite of everything he knows -- warm, bright and very much human. R chooses to save instead of eat her. In a world where zombies eat humans, a complicated relationship begins. This had never happened before. It breaks the rules and defies logic, but R is no longer happy with his life with the Dead. R wants to live again, and Julie wants to help him. But their relationship in this world won't go down without a fight. 

My review:
I love and love and love this book. I mean, LOOK AT THAT COVER! How can you not love it? I'm joking. Yes, I love the cover, but I also love the book and the story line. 
   Isaac creates a world full of zombies (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE) and he mix it with a romance. This book was such a sweet book, with the main character as a zombie instead of a human (nice change  of a story teller). R is a wonderful zombie, you can tell what he was thinking, feeling through all the words he'd put down. You'd even laugh at his stupidity even (I DID). 
   And Julie, what can I say. She's strong, brave and feminine but at least she accepts it. She's not like those type of girls who are cowards and hide behind people's back, no. She's a bad-ass by herself and I love that about her. 
   The world now is full of zombies and it is a bloody apocalypse between the living humans, zombies and bonies. You can feel the love that sparks between R and Julie. You can even tell the change of when they first met and now. 
   It was a nice change of genre for once. I mean, I still love all the other apocalypse but this was a really nice change. We're used to see zombies as the bad characters but this book let us feel differently. 
   I love this book. It delivers such a meaning. The message is really: Love can begin anywhere, anytime, and to anyone. 
   I give this book more than 1000 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SPILL IT !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...