Thursday, March 03, 2016

MARCH TBR: Thicker Than Water & The Serpent King

Hello March! I'm a bit late since it's already the 3rd of March but hey, better late than never!

So, in this post, I thought I would share with you guys some books I'm planning to definitely reading this month. There isn't a lot on my original list since I never stick to them, so I'm only going to show two that I am really looking forward to reading and I definitely want to do it this month.
So here we are! These are the two books that I'm definitely planning on reading and providing a review on, check them out:

Thicker Than Water

Title: Thicker Than Water
Author: Kelly Fiore
Publisher: Harper Teen
Publication Date: January 5th 2016
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Mystery, Thriller, Suspense, Realistic Fiction
Cecelia Price killed her brother. At least, that’s what the police and the district attorney are saying. And although Cecelia is now locked up and forced into treatment, she knows the real story is much more complicated.Cyrus wasn’t always the drug-addled monster he’d become. He was a successful athlete, but when an injury forced him off the soccer field and onto pain medication, his life became a blur of anger, addiction, and violence. All CeCe could do was stand by and watch, until she realized one effective way to take away her brother’s drugs while earning the money she needed for college: selling the pills.
Soon, CeCe becomes part drug dealer, part honor student. But even when all she wants is to make things right, she learns that sometimes the best intentions lead to the worst possible outcome.
Thicker than Water is an unforgettable dark, harrowing look into the disturbing truth of drug addiction and the desperate love of a sister watching her brother deteriorate before her eyes.

My Thoughts


This book sounds really interesting in a way that it draws me in a lot with the whole mystery vibe going on in the blurb. And currently, I've been in a really thriller-y mood that anything with a bit of mystery in it screams read me in my face :D I've read a few small reviews and all of them has said fantastic things about this book, and especially since it deals with a heavy topic like drug abuse, I'm just getting more and more interested by the day! I cannot wait to read this one!

The Serpent King

Title: The Serpent King
Author: Jeff Zentner
Publisher: Crown Books for Young Readers/Random House
Publication Date: March 8th 2016
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction, Coming-of-age
Dill has had to wrestle with vipers his whole life—at home, as the only son of a Pentecostal minister who urges him to handle poisonous rattlesnakes, and at school, where he faces down bullies who target him for his father’s extreme faith and very public fall from grace.
He and his fellow outcast friends must try to make it through their senior year of high school without letting the small-town culture destroy their creative spirits and sense of self. Graduation will lead to new beginnings for Lydia, whose edgy fashion blog is her ticket out of their rural Tennessee town. And Travis is content where he is thanks to his obsession with an epic book series and the fangirl turning his reality into real-life fantasy.
Their diverging paths could mean the end of their friendship. But not before Dill confronts his dark legacy to attempt to find a way into the light of a future worth living.
| GOODREADS

My Thoughts


Even though this book hasn't come out yet (it's coming March 8th which is why I put it on this list) but I have read many fantastic arc reviews about this book and I have to say I've heard enough to make me put down everything and start reading this book. All I know is that it has three main characters and it sort of tells the story of their friendship and such. There is nothing special on the blurb, but that in itself makes it so mysterious that I want to know what it really is about. And I have to say, the blurb reminds me a lot of We Were Liars (which is one of my favourite books) as well as the cover, so who knows, it might make me tear up, or it might break my heart. Or I might not like it at all, but I guess I'll never know if I don't read it :) So yeah, this one is another alongside Thicker Than Water that I really want to read this month.
____________________________________________________________________________

So there we are!
I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know what books you're planning on reading this month and whether you've heard of either of these books! Let me know your thoughts if you have :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

SPILL IT !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...