Wednesday, September 21, 2016

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY: Gilt Hollow & One Was Lost

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine
This week features two books that I've recently just discovered and they both look so good that I had to share! And here they are:



Gilt Hollow

Title: Gilt Hollow
Author: Lorie Langdon
Genre: YA, Thriller, Mystery
Publication Date: September 27th 2016
Publisher: Blink
Willow Lamott’s best friend is a murderer, and no one in the small town of Gilt Hollow will let her forget it. For four long years, she’s tried to fade into the background—but none of that matters when Ashton Keller comes striding into school, fresh out of juvie and fueled by revenge. The moment their eyes meet, Willow no longer feels invisible. Drawn to the vulnerability behind Ashton’s mask of rage, she sinks deeper into his sinister world and begins to question whether he’s a villain, a savior, or both.
Ashton thought he wanted vengeance, until Willow reminded him what he’d been missing. Now he longs to clear his name and become the person she sees in him. But the closer they get to uncovering the truth, the darker the secrets become, and Ashton fears his return to Gilt Hollow will destroy everyone he loves, especially the girl he left behind.

My Thoughts


First of all, I just want to comment on this cover, because I am in love with it. It's so simple, yet so captivating and especially since it is a thriller, it gives me all the chills. It is just beautiful!
The synopsis of it is a major "oh my god I need to read this", and I seriously cannot wait!! I am a big fan of thrillers, and this currently has all of my attention!

_____________________________________________________

One Was Lost

Title: One Was Lost
Author: Natalie D. Richards
Genre: YA, Thriller, Mystery
Publication Date: October 4th 2016
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Damaged. Deceptive. Dangerous. Darling. Are they labels or a warning? The answer could cost Sera everything.
Murder, justice, and revenge were so not a part of the plan when Sera set out on her senior camping trip. After all, hiking through the woods is supposed to be safe and uneventful.
Then one morning the group wakes up groggy, confused, and with words scrawled on their wrists: Damaged. Deceptive. Dangerous. Darling. Their supplies? Destroyed. Half their group? Gone. Their chaperone? Unconscious. Worst of all, they find four dolls acting out a murder—dolls dressed just like them.
Suddenly it's clear; they're being hunted. And with the only positive word on her wrist, Sera falls under suspicion… 

My Thoughts


Again, you can probably guess, but this edition of WoW is thriller based :)
Both Gilt Hollow and One Was Lost is a YA thriller and I am just so so excited for them both! One Was Lost seems so captivating and just creepy, and I can already tell I'm going to enjoy this because damn! A group of friends being hunted in the woods and dolls acting out a murder??? Sounds freaking AWESOME!
I seriously cannot wait for both of these books, especially Gilt Hollow (I can't wait to have that in my hands because that cover is gorgeous!) 

______________________________________________

So that is my two books for this week's Waiting On Wednesday!
Have you heard about or seen either of these books before?

What is your Waiting On Wednesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

SPILL IT !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...