Monday, July 01, 2013

REVIEW: Angelfall by Susan Ee

Angelfall by Susan Ee


Title: Angelfall
Author: Susan Ee
Publication Date: May 21st 2011
Publisher: Feral Dream
Source: Borrowed From Library (UK)


It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.
Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.
Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.
Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.
| Goodreads

My Review


I don't know what I was thinking when I first read this book when it first came out in 2011. Back then, when I first started the book, I was like "omg this is so boring", but now??? After reading it again and got addicted to it?? I feel like slapping myself for being such an idiot.

This book was about a girl called Penryn looking for her sister in the ruins of an angel apocalypse. Penryn is strong and weak in some ways, but she hides it so she can be strong for her sister, and her hell of a mother. I admire her strength, her need of responsibility to look after her family, and her human feelings towards the person that she's supposed to hate, but can't help but like.

Raffe is an archangel, but his wings got cut off when we first meet him. Before when I first read this, I was like 'oh come on, when is this going to get better?' but now, I swear, I just really want to beat myself up for even thinking that. Raffe is HOT!! I mean, like smoking hot with hard packs and strong shoulders and everything (what could've made it better, was if Susan could've added the 'strong jaw' to her description of him. I mean, men with strong jaws are like...SMOKIN'). Huh, why is it so hot suddenly?

Anyway, when Penryn sees Raffe trying to fight off other angels, she helps him and...well...let's just say that the angels got annoyed that she interrupted their fight that they decided to take her sister. Reading this, I couldn't stop...like, AT ALL. Everything went so fast and I just couldn't put it down.

The relationship between Raffe and Penryn was so addicting. It wasn't going too fast, in fact, I was hoping it will go faster and stop the torturing for me...AHH!! But no, it had to continue like a love-hate relationship until I couldn't take it anymore and had to put down the book to go pee (but you don't need to know that LOL).

The action in here was also addicting. I love a girl who can defend herself and can fight, and Penryn can do all of that. She cared for Raffe when they were fights. And she even risked her life for him *sigh*. I could just picture the action in my head and again, I couldn't put it down AT ALL.

I completely love this book and cannot wait to read the next one!! Now excuse me while I go slap myself for being such an idiot when I first read it.

Susan Ee has eaten mezze in the old city of Jerusalem, surfed the warm waters of Costa Rica, and played her short film at a major festival. She has a life-long love of science fiction, fantasy and horror, especially if there's a touch of romance. She used to be a lawyer but loves being a writer because it allows her souped-up imagination to bust out and go feral. Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, Book 1) is her debut novel. You are invited to become her friend on Facebook, Twitter, or Goodreads.



No comments:

Post a Comment

SPILL IT !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...